What is MediKids?
MediKids is a Florida KidCare Program. Administered by the Agency for Health Care Administration, the program offers low-cost health insurance coverage for children ages 1 through 4. See the MediKids Parent Information brochure [1.02MB PDF] for additional facts about the program.
MediKids Managed Care Enrollment
MediKids recipients receive their health care services through Medicaid’s Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) program. Children must be enrolled in a health plan and pay the monthly premium of $15 or $20 before MediKids coverage can begin.
All MMA plans offer the following health care services:
- Physician Services, Including Physician Assistant Services
- Prescribed Drugs
- Hospital Inpatient Services
- Hospital Outpatient Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Early Periodic Screening Diagnosis and Treatment Services
- Emergency Services
- Ambulatory Surgical Treatment Center Services
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner Services
- Optical Services and Supplies
- Dental Services
- Medical Supplies, Equipment, Prosthesis, And Orthoses
- Chiropractic Services
- Nursing Care
- Speech Therapy
- Podiatric Services
- Healthy Start Services (Some Exception)
- Physical, Occupational, Respiratory, And Speech Therapy Services
- Hearing Services (Including Hearing Aids)
- Laboratory and Imaging Services
- Home Health Agency Services
- Renal Dialysis Services
- Hospice Services
- Respiratory Equipment and Supplies
- Optometrist Services
- Rural Health Clinic Services
- Substance Abuse Treatment Services
- Transportation to Access Covered Services
MediKids Managed Care Plan Choices
- Families with children eligible for the MediKids program can call the toll-free MediKids Helpline at 1-877-506-0578 for assistance selecting a health plan.
- Only Medicaid contracted health plans may serve MediKids enrollees.
- State law requires families to choose a health plan and pay a monthly premium before a child’s MediKids coverage begins.
MediKids Dental Benefits Information
Dental Services are covered by your dental plan. Please call the MediKids Helpline (1-877-506-0578) for help choosing a dental provider.
Florida KidCare Dispute Review Process
MediKids families with questions about the Florida KidCare Dispute Review Process can call Florida Healthy Kids at 1-888-540-5437.
Vaccine Billing Instructions, Codes and Fees