EHR Incentive Program: Are You Ready to Attest?
Date: November 15, 2018 • Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT • Click Here to Register
Technical Assistance Webinar
Date: October 16, 1018 • Time: 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT • Click Here to Register
Question and Answer Session
Date: November 29, 2018 • Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT • Click Here to Register
|Deadline to resubmit approvable Program Year 2017 application. **No new applications can be submitted.||November 30, 2018|
|Deadline to submit new Program Year 2018 application.||TBD|
• All providers have a minimum 90-day EHR/MU reporting period.
• The CQM reporting period is a full year (365 days) for all providers except for providers attesting to meaningful use for the first time.
• The application submission period for Program Year 2018 applications has not been finalized.
• The anticipated timeframe will be December 2018 through March 2019 pending CMS approval.
The Centers for Medicare and Services (CMS) renamed the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs to the Medicare and Medicaid Promoting Interoperability (PI) Program for eligible hospitals, critical access hospitals, and Medicaid providers.
CMS also renamed the the MIPS (Merit-based Incentive Payment System) Advancing Care information performance category to the Promoting Interoperability performance category for MIPS-eligible clinicians. This rebranding does not merge or combine the EHR Incentive Programs and MIPS.
The goal of these changes is to continue the CMS focus on improving patients' access to health information and reducing the time and cost required of providers to comply with program requirements.
For Florida, the program will still be known as the Florida Medicaid EHR Incentive Program however, the State's program now falls under the broader CMS Promoting Interoperability banner.
• The finalized rule does not affect the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Meaningful Use requirements.
• The rule did finalize a 90 day meaningful use reporting period for both Program Years 2019 and 2020.
What is required if I am using EFORCSE for my specialized registry?
There must be at least one patient query during the EHR reporting period. The Rx Search Request History report (example below) should be used as documentation for the application. More information on E-FORCSE can be found here. It is recommended that the Rx Search History report be run monthly throughout the program year and at the end of the EHR reporting period.